WELCOME TO PROUDLYBAZE | ALWAYS VISIT FOR LATEST UPDATES

NOTICE

Tuesday 3 October 2017

Story ••• [All That Glitters] Eps 16&17



Episode 16
^^mr samsons Fury^^ part 2
°°catching his heart°°
.


• *free period*
At the snooker room
“I don’t know,,,just gimme anything hard beat”
“Do you want something with kicks ,,,or just snare and bass”
Tobi rolled his eyes and said again
“Mr man ,,I don’t know,,, just hit me with something dope”
John revved
“Okay how about this”
John started juking some hip hop beats from the beat machine
Tobi began nodding hia head respectively like a lizard to the booming beats
After waiting for five minutes
Dre finally said
“Oboy,,,we are not here to watch you bop your head up and down like agama lizard ,,,say something abeg”
Raising his hands Tobi
Said
“Relax boss,,,I need to feel the vibes first okay”
He moved and stood infront of john
Then started snapping his fingers
After two minutes again
Dre yelled out
“Tobi,!! ,,anytime today,,,today,,pls!!”
Tobi revved and finally said
“Okay okay check this out”
He took the fake dud Mic and placed to his mouth then started rambling
/yeah,,!!/
/yeah,,,yeah,,,uhn,,yeah/
/eyh,,yeah,,,unhuh,,,unhuh,,,unhuh,,,yeah yeah”/
“Idiot !!,, is it only yeah you would do for them on Saturday”
Dre yelled and threw a shoe at him
Tobi dodged it before it got to his face
Mike and john started giggling
Dre turned to Muna and said
“You know most times I wonder why ,I brought this guy to this band”
Muna shrugged and replied him
“Duh,,,he is incredibly ,handsome and goodlooking,,,and thanks to him our fandom has expanded due to a large influx of female fans”
Dre sighed
“Muna must you state the obvious like that”
Muna shrugged
“What,,,,its the truth”
Dre sighed again
He turned to Tobi and said
“Step forward and give us something now.,,,if you like mess up,,,I’m ready for you”
Dre started untying the lace of his second shoe
This time around he’ll make sure he doesn’t miss
Tobi came forward and started again
“Alright check this out”
/yeah,,,unhuh yeah/
/ i f**k all girls with them big a*ss/
/you know se mi I no dey carry last/
/if you like dey form se you know book,,,na me be baba for the girls in this class/
/so you better-/
“Tobi”!!!
Dre screamed at him in anger
Tobi stared with an innocent face and replied
“What?”
Dre clenched his jaw and said to him
“Must everything about you be so vulgar”!,,,I’m talking about coming up classic rhymes,,,and you are busy telling me “I do this one with girls,,,I do that one with girls”
“,,,what’s your problem”?
Dre quizzed him
“Okay okay,,,sorry,,,you want something classic don’t worry I’ll fix it” Tobi replied then started
“Alright alright check this out”!
/urh yeah/
/yeah we party party like a niqqa just got outta jail/
/don’t give a fvck about the police ,,mehn I’ll rather skip the bail/
/then we pull to the hood and you know that new lamboghini busting out my own songs/
/I pass out deadly flows,,man fvck the weapons I don’t need no guns/
Dre started nodding in approval
But Tobi continued
/now two strippers in my room wearing nothing but their panty thongs/
/meet me by the corner I’ll give you once ,,omo my d--k is long/
/I fvck like three hundred b!tches in a year/
/you better watch your gf cos I might be doggystyling her on the bed/
/me I don’t kiss and tell but if your friend is pretty,,gbagbe I’ll fvck her sef/
At this moment john and Mike started giggling
Muna was shaking his head pitifully at Tobi
Dre just simply buried his face in his hands
“There is no hope for this guy” Dre exclaimed
Tobi had a confused look on his face as he stared at them
**what again**
He thought
Mike was still laughing as he stood up to go ease himself in the bathroom
Dre was holding himself back from flinging his second shoe at Tobi
“Hold on dre ,,you know what,,lets continue this later,,,””for now lets wor:k on our own chorus for the cover”
Muna blurted out as he went to pick up his guitar bag
*
*
*
At the balcony of block C
A girl is seen leaning on the iron garder as she talks to someone on the phone
.
She sighed
“But dad I thought you said this wasn’t permanent”
On the other end of the phone
“I know ,,,but there’ve been some bad investments, ,so the debt may take longer than usual to finalise”
Halima’s heart sank as she heard his words
They were like bullets to her chest
She’s been enduring all this while but now it seems as though she couldn’t take anymore
Amused by her silence
He asked her
“Halima ,,are-…are you still there”
Halima wiped off a tiny tear running down her cheeks
And sniffed before replying him
“Yes ,,,I’ve heard you dad,,,I’ll manage”
The man seemed concerned so he asked
“Honey is everything alright,,,I mean,,,kowa is treating you alright,,right”:
She cleared her throat
“Yah,,,I’m,,I’m great dad,,don’t worry just,,,just take care of yourself ”
The man sighed and replied her
“You too baby,,don’t worry,,,everything will soon be back to normal”
She nodded
Then realised he couldn’t see her through the phone,,she
Added
“I hope so too,,,”
“Good bye dad”
She sunk down in
Sadness as she hung up the phone
She has been bearing for a long time
But she doesn’t know how much longer she could hold on
She just hoped this phase would pass away soon so she can get back to her normal life
Soon
Halima’s sad look faded
Her face lit up as she
Spotted a figure moving across the other block
She wondered why she felt so uplifted immediately she saw him
She doesn’t feel this way for guys before
Well she just decided to move towards him and chat a little
A puzzled look on her face
“Where is he going?”
She asked as she watch Muna swerve towards block c
She shrugged and walked faster so she could catch up with him
But immediately she turned left to the corridor ,,,he dissapeared
“Huh,,where did he go,,,”
She was. Very sure she saw him come towards the first room in block c
She roamed around different classes
And yet
She didn’t find him
She seemed puzzled
Walking slowly down the hall way
She wondered in her mind
**perhaps he took another side and went off to class,,,**
She shrugged again and decided to go off for the next period
As she passed the first class in the block
From the corner of eyes she spotted something strange
At the far storeroom
Instincts made her trod closer to the store room
As she peeped through the window of the room
She went still with shock
Two people was inside the room
It seemed strange at first when she saw two individuals
Struggling inside
But when she took a closer look
Her mouth went open with horror
There was Muna!
With mr sam behind him
Mr sam had Muna trapped in a head lock
Muna was struggling to get free
But mr sam had an iron grip over his head and neck
Halima reflexive rushed to the door
She twisted and turned the door handle
But it didn’t budge
It was locked!
With nervous hands
She banged frantically at the door
“Mr sa,,,sam,,,what are you doing!!!,,,,let him go!!,,,open this door!!”
She twisted the handle
But out of frustration
Went back to banging the door
“Oh for christ sake,,,open this door,,mr sam what is this!!,,,,are you trying to kill him or what!!”
She had a pleading tone in her voice as she called out to him
But mr sam didn’t even flinch
The door was perfectly locked
So no disturbances this time
He concentrated properly in choking the life juice out of Muna
Halima placed a hand on her forehead in fright
What could she do
She looked around to see if there was like a tool
Or peice of iron or something so she could gnash it on they door
But there was no such thing around here
She felt like crying
She felt helpless
Muna was getting mauled in there and there was nothinv she could do
Unless
She looked at the doorhandle
Then the thought came to her head
She quickly rushed off to the staff office

••

“No no,,,you had your chance ,,,and all you were giving me was trash”
Dre replied Tobi
As he faced down and concentrated on what he was writing
Tobi walked towards him and pleaded while holding his shirt
“Please Dre,,,please I promise I will do much better,,,I’ll come up with something very dope that it Will-”
“Hands off!!”
Dre hushed him to take his hands of his shirt
Tobi obeyed
but continued begging
“,but but Dre,,,you can’t ban me from going with you guys now,,,that’s not fair” Tobi said it in a whiny voice
Dre looked
At him and said
“Ive made up my mind Tobi,,and its final ,,,you are not performing with us at nyako competition,,,period!!”,,,
“I’d rather have us there without a rap verse than to have you make us disqualified with your crazy vulgar lines”!!
Tobi’s face went from sad to sadder
He couldn’t imagine not going to nyako
How could Dre do this to him
An event like this
Where there’ll be lits of girls
Lots of pretty gorgeous ladies
At the thought of that
Tobi felt like crying
Just then
Mike came back
To the room
He sat beside john
“What’s wrong with prettyboy over there”
John smiled and said
“Dre got really annoyed with him,,,now he says he won’t come with us to nyako”
Mike, chuckled
He then looked around and scrunched gis eyebrows
“Hey where is Muna”
Dre said
“Uh he said he needed to lance around a little so he went out”
Johlooken then added
“Yeah I think he said ,,he is going to the store room”
Mike looked up and john and asked
“The what?”
“The store room” john replied
Mike suddenly felt dizzy
“How-…how long has he been gone ”
He asked no one in particular
Tobi raised an eyebrow and said
“For a while now. ,come to think of it, ,,he is supposed to be back by now”
Mike suddenly stood up and absent mindedly
He walked towards the door
Dre looked at him in a quizzing manner
“Mike,,?,, are you alright,,,why you suddenly jittery”
Mike had a nervous feel in his voice
As he said
“I..I don’t know…I think there is…there is-”
“There is what?!”
Dre nudged him


••
Mr sam had that ridiculous evil grin on
As he continued suppressing Muna
The both of them had crashed to the floor
As Muna continued struggling to get free
“Argh ,uurgh,,*coughs* *coughs*,,,sammy,,,aargh, ,,what r u…. what the hell-”
Mr sam tightened his grip
“What do you think you are doing you punk,,,
Didn’t I tell you this is my signature headlock!!,, you better stay still and let me squeeze the life out of you”
They continued rolling around as Muna ‘s coughing slowly stopped
His eyes suddenly felt dizzy
He was starting to feel weak
The pressure mr sam qpplied didn’t allow free flow of blood to his brain
He felt himself slowly losing conciousness
So this is it
This is how he would go
Muna started reminising as his breathinh slowly stopped
**is this how I’m gonna go,,,I havnt even done all those stuffs yet…
I havnt even found my brother yet….
And now I’m gonna pass away here…
In a fvcking storeroom
..
Worst of all in the hands off this freak sammy**
As Muna slowly closed his eyelids
He thought about an individual
Only the picture of that individual
Came to his mind as his breathing slowly stopped

…suddenly
The door burst open as miss kate shouted
“What THE HELL ARE YOU DOING MR samson!!”
Mr sam flinched
He jumped up in suprise as muna’s weak body fell from his hands
Miss kate had a furious look on her face as she
Stared at mr sam who fumbled over an explanation
Halima who followed miss kate in
Ran to Muna on they floor
when she left that time
she had gone to the staff office to see which one of the teachers had a sparekey to the store room
baro had told her that miss kate had an extra key
when she approached her
at first miss kate couldn’t believe
her when she said a student was getting mauled by mr sam in the store room
she brushed it off as just another “one of those stupid games the kids play arond with these days”
she even threatened to purnish halima for making up false accusing stories against a superior staff
but over and on
the urgency in halima’s voice made her think of the possibility
she grabbed the sparekey
and followed her to the store room

halima half thought of jumping and attacking mr samson first
But instinct made her run to see if Muna was okay first
She knelt down before him
With shaky hands
She touched his chest
“Mu..Muna,,,ple- ..please don’t -”
Muna gasped for air as he speedily sat up
Halima covered her mouth
Then she threw her hands over him in a tight hug
She was sobbing softly
Miss kate shouted again
” mr samson,,,I’m asking why were you trying to kill that boy!!”
Mr sam started
“I ,,,I ,,I wasn’t trying to kill him,,,I was only,,,I mean,,,,I was just trying to teach him a lesson” he said
Miss kate rolled her eyes in contempt
“Oh I see,,,! ,by choking..him to death right!”
There was seriousness in her voice
Mr sam moved closer and said
“Kate,,wait its not like that. ,I -”
Halima helped Muna stand up
Then when he got on his feet
She had a clenched jaw as she moved to get mr sam
Just as she was about to
Muna held her back
“No,,,don’t do anything rash”
Halima looked at him with disbelief
“Him trying to kill you was not rash enough!”
Muna then said
“He wasn’t trying to kill me ,,,he was just-”
“Just what-”
Halima said
Miss kate then looked at Muna and accessed him properly
She adjusted then looked back at mr sam with contempt
“Let’s go talk to the principal shall we”
She turned to leave
Mr sam then said
“No kate wait. ,,let me explain first”
She turned around and said to
“Oh don’t worry,,,you will have a lot to explain soon,,,after we are done talking to the principal,,,you can give your remaining explanation to the police”
Miss kate didn’t waste more time
As she stepped out
And they all followed her
••••√√√••••••π√√••••

(Gosh…that man must be crazy or something)

^^the big show ^^ part 2
••
••
••
A man who seems to be in his fifties sits on an armchair
The room is large filled with different assortments of spanish furnitures
He sips a little from his glass cup
He suddenly looks up as the door pushes open
And His subordinate enters
“Oy jefe ,,estan aqui”
(Boss they are here)
His surbodinate announced
Boanno signalled the subordinate to let them in
The man pokes his head through the door
Andushered them in
The two boys stepped in and stood in front of boanno
Boanno was mute for a while
He just kept sipping from his wine and glancing at them
After staying for two minutes
Zungeru finally spoke up
“Honestly cheif it wasnt-”
Boanna stopped him by raising a hand
He dropped his glass then looked up at them
He cleared his throat
And using a rough spanish accent he said
In a grumpy old voice
“Yer told me,,,it will be done,,,I broht my bois,,,yer didn’t fulfil promise”
Juma revved and said
“Cheif,,,we had no idea the police would show up ,,I mean we”
Boanno raised his hand again
“Ther policia is no problem,,,ther problem is yu break yer promise”
Boanno said
He turned to juma and said
“Yu tell mi ,,ya people in hillcrest will take care of zhem No?”
Juma nodded
“Yes cheif I did,,,but-”
The man cut in again in a loud voice
“So then! Que si problema ,,,what the hell is the problem”,,,
“Our agreement is yu thrash zhem a little fo me ,,,zhen my bois,,come and collect zhem”
Juma nodded
“And it was all going to plan”
“But I don’t know why ,,everything just turned around at the last minute”
Boanno sighed
Then leaned back on the chair
Zungeru noticing his suppressed mood then stepped forward and said
“Cheif,,,that’s exactly why I say,,,we need to do things differently” he said
Boanno raised an eyebrow
“Vhat do yu mean differently ese, ,,A diablo always does his business the same way,,,so this differently yu speak of-”
He stopped speaking then looked at them
“I hope yu no thinking I will send my men out fo yu again,,,no no no,,,
Yu messed up one time ,,surely you mess up again”
Zungeru pushed further
“Cheif,,,look at it this way,, you have a grudge with this boys,,,we also have a grudge,,,its a win win situation”
Juma then stepped forward and said
“Yes cheif,,,and from what I hear,,,these boys stepped on your tail back in gwaza city”
Boanno looked like he was reminiscing on something
Then juma continued
“This might be a last chance to get at them,,,all we need is a different plan”
Boanno revved up and said
“I hired merceneries to assist yo hillcrest boys,,,I even made sure I had zhem equipped for the job,,,but yu tell me just five little boys is a problem ehyh”
He leaned closer and told them
“Yu want to waste my time and resources for yo stupid high school rivalry eh,,,”
He turned and looked at zungeru
“Yer know,,,of not fo yur uncle,,,I would have asked mi bois to take you both to a discreet corner and waste you fo wasting boanno’s time!!”
He said it almost yelling
Juma and zungeru flinched as boanno threatened them
Boanno was the kind of man
Which one must be careful when dealing with
Taking lives is nothing to him
And his erratic behaviour makes him unpredictable as he easily changes his mind on things
Now out of annoyance
He ordered his subordinate to drive juma and zungeru away
In his words
He had better things to do
Than meddling in kids affairs
(I wondered why he meddled in the first place)
On the other hand
Juma and zungeru were more glad to live that mexican hood
In one piece as they stepped into open streets
That place was like a hell hole
**
**
**
••Kari streets••
She seemed surprised
But she didn’t flinch
She raised her hand and knocked again
But yet still no response
**but he should be back by now**
Soon she decided to leave
As she stepped away from the doorpost and took like a few steps away
She thrn heard a familiar deep masculine voice
“Where are you going?”
That voice that always send butterflies to her tummy
The voice that often makes her nervous
The voice that-
She turned around
But scrunched when she didn’t see anybody
**huh**
Is she hearing things now
She seemed puzzled
But then she heard him again
“Sonia up here”
She followed the sound and looked up
She blinked when she saw Muna lying with his back on the roof of his house
She stepped closer
A little speechless tho
“You are really weird you know” she said
Muna nodded
She grinned then asked
“Why are you on the roof”?
Muna then said
“Hh,,you know ,, I’ve had a long and challenging week,,,and as usual I climb up here ,,,lie down,,and think of absolutely nothing as I watch the clouds drift”
Sonia grimaced
“So then,,didn’t you hear me knocking all this while”
Muna replied her
“I did,,,but I just wanted you to knock some more”
She scrunched her eyebrows as she said
“Whah,,,you did hear me,,yet you ju-”
Muna cut in
“Up here soni,,,I can’t keep looking down as I talk to you,,,”
“Pls you are short enough already,,climb up !”
Muna motioned for her to join him on they roof
She sighed as she went to the back of the house
To take the stairs that adjoins to the roof
As she climbed up she wondered why he sounded so cheerful
Muna only teased and jested her when he is in a good mood
And she knows mr grumpy is hardly ever in a good mood
She was really curiosed as to what was giving him the spirits
Considering the fact that
Our not-so-friendly tried to maul him in school the other day
She walked to the spot
Where he lay and sat next to him
“So are you ok ,,,I mean,,,you don’t feel any aches around cus I’m sure he,,,he must have,,,”
She fumbled over the words
“I mean he didn’t really,,,um ,,,but I guess you-”
Muna smiled and cut into her words
“I’m perfectly fine sonia,,,don’t worry,,,I’m tougher than I look,,,trust me”
Unfortunately she did
Infact she trusted him
With her life
Which was the sad thing though
Muna would never see her that way
Yes he has a thing fir protecting and helping people
But that’s where it stops
It doesn’t go further
Than that
She looked at his face
And she was grateful that he was closing his eyes in his usual
Peaceful manner
So he couldn’t see her stealing glances at him
She noticed the way his long eyelashes curved on his eyelids
She wondered how he was able to see propetly with the lashes scattering over his eyes
She cleared her throat
“Ahem,,,I um I wanted to thank you for that day,,”
Muna opened his eyes
“Whah,,,what happened that day”
She revved
“I mean ,,,that ,,that day on the field ”
She rambled again
Almost scared that he might have caught her staring
Then Muna said
“Yeah you welcome,,,but don’t thank me,,,you should thank Dre ,,,he was the hero of the day”
That was another fault of Muna
Always giving credit to other people
Another reason she had a thing for him
She nodded slowly then saw him squeeze his eyes like he was in pain or something
“Are you sure you are ok Muna cos I could-”
He cuts
“No don’t worry,,,I’m perfectly fine ,,,I assure you”
“Infact I was fine since the punk released me,, I even tried to convince halima that I didn’t need to see a doctor but she wouldn’t budge”
On hearing hearing the name
Sonia went on a ding
“Halima”,,,the girl who came to muna’s rescue
The same girl whom rumours have been flying around about fir a while now
But where those rumours true
Sonia dreaded the possibility
Its not like she didn’t wish for Muna to finally find someone
And probably be happy with
But
Just on a whim
She always wished
She always thought
That maybe
Just maybe
The girl he would finally settle with would be her
Maybe on an offchance
Now sonia isn’t a selfish jealous person…
But the thought of another girl made it seem like her ordeal was hopeless
She glanced at Muna
And she wondered
**is it really hopeless,,,like,,,cant it happen**
She leaned closer at him then thought again
**can’t we really happen**
Muna still lay on his back all this while
He seemed to be enjoying the cool morning breeze
But then they wind seemed a little heavier all of a sudden
As Sonia’s eyes fell to his stomach
The wind had blown his shirt up revealing his well padded abs
Sonia’s throat suddenly felt dry
She still stared at his abs
Unable to lookaway
She suddenly felt a tempting urge to place her hands on it and run it all over
She quickly darted her gaze away
**focus,,,focus**
She said to herself as she looked away
But soon enough
She glanced back
This time it was stronger than before
She wasn’t sure if she had enough will power to stop herself…
“Come to think of it!!”
Muna speedily sat up
Sonia darted and adjusted herself nervously
Then Muna continued
“What then happened to sammy,,,did they sanction him or something” Muna asked her
She still felt shaken up
He almost got her that time
She then started
“Yeah,,um ,,,he was”
She continued
“I heard the principal suspended him for some weeks,,,but-”
She frowned and faced him
“Is it true you dropped all assault charges against him”
Muna slowly nodded
“I did so”
She revved
“But why Muna,,,that man almost killed you,,,you could have him sued for attempted murder”
Sonia said it critically
“Owh,,come on sonia”
Muna chuckled
She said again
“I’m serious,,,what he did was not funny at all,,I almost had a heart attack ,,,thinking maybe-”
She glanced and saw Muna grinning
She sighed
Then she asked him
“Now,,,why are you smiling”
He replied
“You should see your face just now,,,its priceless,,,you look like a girl whom someone just stole her teddybear”
That was exactly how she felt
Sonia wasn’t a forward pushy,,or violent kind of girl
But just the thought of someone hurting Muna
Drives her mad
She wondered why she felt like that
Beep beep beep
Muna’s alarm watch tingled on his wrist
He took a look at it
He widened his eyes
“D--n I’m almost late”
Muna stood up dusting himself in the process
He was supposed to be at Dre ‘s place before 10:30
So they could all get ready and prepare well for their performance this night
Sonia sadly wished
They could have had more time to spend together
Even if they didn’t do anything
Just to be in his company alone was enough
She curved her legs and tried getting up too
But was surprised when Muna gave her his hands
She took his hands
Although reluctantly
Then he helped her up
As she got up she expected him to leave her hand free but he still held it as he led her to the steps
She wondered what was making him feel so carried away that
He would forget that their hands were still
Intertwined
She tried pulling away
But was surprised as his grip still remained firm
She thought in her mind
“Okay ,,,this is weird”
They soon reached the stairs and climbed down
••
••
••
••On kwova avenue••
“Thank you sooo much boss,,,you da best”
Tobi thanked Dre again for the fifth time
Dre had changed his mind on his initial plan to leave Tobi behind as the rest of them
Went off to nyako
But now he was safe and sound in the backseat as Mike drove the van to the competition site
“You should be grateful to Muna I would never have changed my mind if not for him”
Dre replied him
Toni’s face lit up
“Ooh,,,of course,,,of course”
As he shifted towards Muna and started acting the strange way monks did at a buddha temple
“Muna be praised!,,Muna be praised!!,,,, muna be praised!!!,,uuoooh Muna be praised!!!!”
“Ehn yes now,,,,Muna be praised because you are on your way to feast on the sea of girls in nyako”
Dre blasted him
Muna smiled and told Tobi
“Just make sure you don’t mess up at all okay”
Tobi swore
“Never,,,look,,from now on,,,messing up is cancelled from my jurisdiction ,,,I will never, ,I mean never mess up again”
“No o ..you are free to mess up,,,just know that this time around I’ll really murder you for real”
Dre told him
John chuckled at his words then asked
“But Dre ,,,I havnt even asked where you found this van,,,did sawa finally became useful or-”
Dre replied him
“Nah,,,I got it from yusuf,,,he said he doesn’t use it on Saturday ,,,so borrowed me”
“Hmn” john nodded
The van was large and spacious enough
To carry their instruments and other kinks
“We almost there guys,,,just a couple more turns” mike announced
As he took a left turn
Then right before finally swerving to a corner
He slowed down a little as they neared a large auditoruim
They all got down and carried their stuffs inside
Although outside didn’t really look much
The inside was filled to the brim
Different assortments of people
Were all around as
The place got louder
They walked of to the stag and showed their permits to the security so he could dignify them as not spectators but competitors then
Direct them backstage
The man collected their permits
And peered into it
He looked at them
Then looked at the permits again
Dre suddenly felt nervous
**what is he checking so much like**
The man looked at them again and said
“This is permits for five people”
“Yes” Dre said
“But there is only four of you”
Dre raised an eyebrow as he mumbled
“How can you say there is only four when-”
Dre looked back and saw only Muna,Mike,and john with him
Tobi was no where around
He flinched a little
“Whaat!,,,what the where is-”
His eyes spotted him far east at the audience side
He had his hands over two girls shoulders as they were taking selfies with him
He soon stopped and focused on one girl
He started sweet talking her that they girl smiled and blushed
With an enranged Dre marched off to him
And grabbed his ears
He pulled Tobi by the ears and dragged him to the back stage
,”ow,,ow ow,ow,ohwu,,,Dre thTs hurts man!. ..ow aish.,,,my ear have cut oo”
As soon as they got back
Dre breathed in and out slowly
He then said
“You are really lucky we have a performance right now ,,,I would have rearranged your face”
Tobi had a grumbling look on his face
Then Dre yelled at him
“Now go and set the chords on your bass and get ready soon”
Dre then went off to inspect john who was busy
Fixing his drumsets
“Hope you are ready to knock them dead today eh johnny”
John chuckled
“You trust me now,,,I’ll knock them out”
Dre grinned
But then
Muna ran towards Dre and started saying
“Dre ,,hey,,,we have a slight problem ”
“Whah,,,how can there be a problem when-”
The smile on dre’s face dissapeared when he saw
Tobi’s bass
The strings were worn out and weak
Dre shouted
“Tobi what is this!,,didn’t I tell you to change your strings”
Tobi started
“,I did,,,I did,,,infact I already brought a new one”
He showed them a new empty packet of strings he bought
“But I must have forgotten to bring it along”
Dre fumed and went after Tobi
As Tobi scampered behind Muna
“Hold on Dre, ,we still have to perform ,,,we can’t even take him off the show ,,cos we already registered for five people,,,so I guess he may have to manahe it like that”
Muna said it as Tobi hid behind him from Dre
Dre took another look at Tobi’s ridiculously looking bass
The strings look like they will just cut off one by one with every single strum he made
Is this what they would use tonight
On such a life changing event
•••••••••√√√•••••••√√√•|••••
.
.
.
Episode 17
••battle of the bands••
°°lets be like Rae sremmurd°°




The announcer/ Anchor stepped forward
He held a kind of pad on his hand as he climbed up the stage to announce to the audience
“Okay people,,,that was Boom busters all the way from Rufai highschool,,,let’s give them a round of applause as they stepped down”
The crowd cheered and clapped as the last band took a bow and stepped down
Mike poked out his head to sneak peek. At what was going on
“Mehn…those guys are really hot o,,,they have the entire crowd on their feet” he announced to them
Dre looked at him and frowned
He went forward and grabbed his head pulling him back inside
“You are busy drooling over another bands performance,,instead of focusing. On what we are going to dish out tonight”
Mike widened his eyes and asked
“Dre didn’t you hear those guys right now,,,what can we possibly dish that will top their performance”
Tobi stopped messing with the red bandana he was tying over his forehead as he turned and faced Mike
“Would you quit being pessimistic,,,yes they’re good,,but don’t clock we are already established celebrities!!”
Mike rolled his eyes at him
“Yeah right ,,,celebrities that can’t even afford our own tour bus,,,dude we borrowed a van to get here!!!”
“So don’t gimme that whole celebrity trash”
Tobi was about to say something when Muna cut in
“Enough you guys,,,its our cue next”
”’
The anchor flipped through his pad and then announced
“Up next,,,we have the guys all the way from rand highschool,,,I’m sure most of you already know about them by now,,,(murmuring in the crowd)… let’s hear it for the hearthrobs.,,the one and only… Cleansweep!!”
The entire audience went wild with cheers as they boys stepped out and climbed on stage
They were brandishing their signature
Black and red attire
Although they awkwardly took to their various positions
They gradually got used to the large audience by taking deep breaths
The judges 4 in number Sat by the corner of the stage
The first judge spoke out
“So cleansweep,,,what would you guys be offering us today”
Dre took a deep breath and answered
“Hhhph,,,we are gonna cover “black beatles”
The judges nodded
Then the second judge spoke
“Alright then,,,let’s hear your black beatles version
Dre nodded
He then turned around to Mike and signalled him
Mike nodded in understanding
Then soon
They started off
With Mike percussion intro
Dre held the mic and began
(Dre)
/ohh/
/cleansweep in the city ,,be back immediately/
/to confiscate the moneyyy/
Backup…
(Tobi and Muna)
/sent flowers but you said you didn’t receive them/…
/but you said you didn’t need them/..
(Dre)
/that girl is a real trap beast/
/small world ,,,all her friends know of me/
/Young Dre living like an old geeze/
/yet you still all around the hood looking for me/
/yeah I know my lifestyle is driving you crazy/
/but/
/girl I want you to be mine again baby/

/cuz I’m a freaking cleansweeper/
/check the scores I’m a reefer/
/barely 18 years yet we’ve done more than the bleepers/
/I got Tobi ,,,I got Muna/
/Mike and john be my keepers/
/when we pull up to the…/
At this point…
Dre could barely hear his own voice
The noise from the crowd was so devasting that the ushers had to keep them in check
Okay they are doing alright
But one thing they all noticed was Tobi’s bass sounded completly off key
Probably because of the weak strings
Well
They just had to finish up the last verse
The chorus went again
Then Dre started the
The last verse
But just as he was halfway
A thick GRIN!! Went off the air
One of the strings from the bass just cut off!!
They all exchanged nervous looks
But Tobi smartly improvised
By turning his back to the crowd
Like he was making up his own style of performance
And for five minutes
He pretended like
Everything was cool
As he struggled with the string to fix it back
He battled with it nervously
Then he relaxed when he found a way to hook it on the wooden nudge
Luckily no one noticed anything fishy
Then after he was done
Tobi stylished swiped around to face the crowd
Like when micheal jackson does the 360 turnaround (see the idiot ehn)
As he turned he screamed in a shrill voice
/yo,,,,! ,,cleansweep yoh/
/we da real trapbeasts yoh!!/
Dre noticed him
He scrunched his face as he said in his mind
**Ode,,,God save you**
They continued
Then finished up with Muna
Coming forward t
Muna slowly nodded

Mike rolled his eyes at him
o deliver
A serious and strong guitar switchline
It was almost electrical in a way
Because the crowd were stunned at how he could keep up such a pace
Their performance rounded up
Then they bowed to the audience as they took their live
It was kind of weird because after they were already done,,,the crowd kept screaming
“ENCORE” “ENCORE” ENCORE”
This was a competition
Not a personal show
There is no way
They could deliver an encore …
They all went backstage to await the final verdict of the judges
As they were waiting backstage
Dre didn’t have any nice words for Tobi
He kept blasting him over and over again
Muna walked to the curtains and took a peep at the judges
He studied their facial expressions carefully
He was trying to decipher their intentions so as to know what fate had in store for them
John already walked up to his side
“What do think then,,,last position or second to last position”
John asked
Muna shook his head
“I can’t tell man,,,their faces are quite tough to read”
He looked back and saw Tobi looking downcast as Dre continued scolding him
Then he faced john and said
“Let’s just hope tobi’s fumble doesn’t actually make us last cos,,,honestly,,,we need that dough”
John sighed then looked outside again as he said
“I hope so o Muna”
“I hope so”

After much deliberations
The judges signaled the anchor to go ahead and call the competitors out
After he announced
All of the competitors stepped out and stood on they stage to hear the final decision
When he saw they were all there
The anchor then started
“Now the judges have come to a conclusion…before I continue…let me just let you guys know that,,,always remember,,,nobody is a loser,,,this is just a platform to expose yourselves and get better at what you do”
“All that glitters isnt Gold The only person that’s knows whats really best for you,,,is yourself”
He paused then took out the pad and announced again
“Now the winner of the 23rd nyako annual competion is….”
He paused to observe the suspense he created
Mike was almost falling off as he leaned to listen to the details properly
The anchor looked at the pad again
Then gracefully said
“They are…. ”
“The Bloom busters”
John widened his eyes
Dre clenched his teeth
Muna and Mike exchanged looks
By now Tobi noticed Dre moving closer to him with a furious expression
He then started rambling in his mind
**oh God,,,oh no,,,so he won’t wait until we get home,,,he is going to kill me right here right now,,,,oohh what do I do what do I do**
Tobi looked around the large auditorioum for a possible means of escape **D--n it**
The entire place is blinded
There are no windows at all
Even if he tried using the door the security would delay in letting him out
Dre would have caught him by then
Tobi wished perhaps maybe the ground woupd just open up and swallow him
He already saw Dre by his side
There is no escape this time
Then Tobi damned it
As Dre grabbed him by his collar
** ehn,,,what sef ,,,kill me,,just kill me sef**
Then suddenly
The anchor man hushed the crowd as he stated again
“Hold on ,,,hold on that’s not all,,,the winners are they,,,aaand the cleansweeps”
Mike opened his mouth in shock
The anchor man climbed down the stage to hand the mic to the judges
Dre had a bewildered look on his face
He slowly released Tobi whom he was gripping all this while
Tobi breathed a sigh of releif as Dre let him go
Muna had a puzzled look
As john
John jumped up in excitement
Yes they had won!
Right?
But wait!
What did he mean by “and”
Is it possible to have two winners in a comp
The crowd showed series of mixed reactions to the announcements
What exactly does the verdict mean?
The third judge stood up and called for silence as he spoke
“I know , I know you are all confused with the verdict,,,let me explain to you all”
He gathered himself and started
“The thing is,,,the bloom bursters did exceedinly well in their cover,,,their keys ,,chords,,,even vocals were very impressive”
Mike nudged Muna in an “I told you so” manner …
The judge then continued
“But also we were more amazed by the cover the cleansweeps did,,,infact it was more impressive ,,,they were like working magic with their own style of performing,,, we were ready to announce them winners…but our fourth judge kept sayin,,there was something wrong somewhere”
He looked around at the audience
Then continued
“Now we can’t decide which one of the two teams should be the final winners”
He paused and continued
“But now,,,we’ve come up with an idea to reach the final decision ,,,”
“The two bands must re-perform on stage,,,this time around they will do a song written and produced by themselves,,,after they are done ,,we will be able to asses them that way”
There was a slight murmur in the crowd
And the guys just stood dazed
Everyone just wondered continously
The anchorman climbed the stage again to read out the details
“”
“”
“”
**
Muna shifted the lock on the door hinge
Making sure it was bolted properly from inside
He went back to the living room to clear out the junk food ,,wrappers and bottles they all used to celebrate
He then packed everything and disposed them
**what a night**
He thought
At the final bout
The victory was given to the cleansweeps
It was an awesome feeling to
Hold their reward money and take pictures
Lots of stuff went on after their performance
(Rutzy stuff tho)
When the judge had spoke out concerning the contenders doing one of their own songs
The boom bursters joy had reduced to bits
Compared to the cleansweep who had numerous singles on air and in tape
The boom busters couldn’t present anything because they had no proper song of their own
So in other words they lost by default
Muna had a large smile as he opened the door to his room
He saw Dre still sprawled up lazily on
The bed
He was simply browsing through the phone
Muna sighed as he looked at dre’s cheerful face
He knew what hid behind that face of his
He asked him
“Is he drinking again”
Dre looked up and
Nodded to Muna
Saying
“Hmph,,, my grandma just called me now,,,that she thinks he’s probably dead drunk so I shouldn’t even bother coming home”
He peered down and continued while demonstrating
“You know to avoid…”
Muna understood perfectly what Dre meant
He knew about the challenges he faced while taking care of his grandma
Any little money Dre made
His dad would force it from him
And squander it all on
Drinks
Dre’s dad would come back late dead drunk
And still use Dre to vent out all his frustration by beating him to pulp
Ever since Dre ‘s mom died
Dre became the bread winner of the family
Even at that
Dre was the virtual punching bag for his irresponsible dad
The man usually designs Dre ‘s face with bulges and swells
In the end Dre still uses his own money to foot his hospital bills
Muna always felt enraged as he thought of this
One time he got so angry that he marched to their house and dragged the man outside
He was ready to smash the b*stard to death but then again
Dre stopped him
He remembered the words he said then
“He is still my dad”
Those were the only thin keeping Muna from breaking the man into two
He wondered how someone could bear such things
And still have a playful and warm personality to such things
He thought about how he and his own dad were like
But Muna didn’t know much about his dad,,,so he couldn’t imagine
How their relationship would’ve been
He looked at Dre again
He still had that cheerful smile on
Muna sighed again
“Dre isn’t it time”
Dre looked at Muna he understood perfectly what he meant
Muna continued
“I mean look,,,the money from this nyako stuff is huge,,,you could rent an aprtment ,just you and your grandma,,,,away from-”
Dre cut in
“Muna we’ve talked about this before”
“I can’t run from my responsibilities”
Muna scrunched his eyes
“Are you calling that useless drunkard your responsbility”
Muna was enraged at the thought
He continued
“Tell me one thing!,,,no just name one thing that b*stard has done for you!!”
“Name one”
Dre sighed
And replied him
“Muna we’ve had this conversation before,,,yes,,,he may be whatever he is,,,,but he is still my fath-”
Muna blurtered out
“Oh dqmn it man!!,,, that’s not the definition of father in my dictionary”
Dre simply sighed again
He then said
“Man that crowd was awesome,,,can you believe they kept shouting for an encore ,heheehe,,,,like that’s posssible”
Muna frowned his face
“Don’t change the topic Dre ”
Dre looked at him and said
“Changing topic,,,?, ,,which topic,,,were we talking about something?”
Dre pretended
Muna replied in an irritating voice
“Stop it Dre I’m serious”
“Me too” Dre said
“I’m serious too,,,,infact I’m seriously hungry,,,what do you have in your kitchen”
Dre stood up and left to get some chow
Muna sighed
He does that everytime he doesn’t want to talk about stuff
Pretending like everything is okay
Muna knew it wasn’t so
He knew Dre more than anything else
Even more than himself
His eyes followed him
As Dre turned and showed him a packet of noodles he found
Dre was smiling and waving the thing in the air like a glorified award
Muna shook his head
Only he could see behind that big smile
And not just to see
But to also decode
And know the true intentions
-The true feeling-
•••••••••••√√√••••••√√√√√•••√√√•••••••tbc...but our fourth judge kept sayin,,there was something wrong somewhere

Share With Your Friends:



0 Please Share a Your Opinion.:

Post a Comment

About Us | Contact Us | Disclaimer

Terms Of Use | Privacy | Promot Music